Just wanted to let you guys know that Asta and the Barbarians is going on a week-long blog tour starting today. Here is the schedule:
1: Andi’s Book Reviews
3: Dark Treasury
4: Jazzy Book Reviews
5: It’s Raining Books
6: Let me tell you a story
1: Christine Young
2: Kit ‘N Kabookle
3: Mythical Books
4: Long and Short Reviews
5: MIxed Book Bag
6: Natural bri
1: Emily Carrington
2: Sharing Links and Wisdom
3: Wake Up Your Wild Side
4: Straight From the Library
6: Stormy Nights Reviewing & Bloggin’
1: Beyond Romance
2: The Avid Reader
3: Welcome to My World of Dreams
4: Wendi zwaduk – romance to make your heart race
5: White Sky Project
6: Tina Donahue Books – Heat with Heart
2: Hope. Dreams. Life… Love
3: Queen of All She Reads
4: T’s Stuff
5: books are love
6: Deal Sharing Aunt
Pop in any time this week to support these bloggers and show some love for Asta! There’s also going to be a raffle where I’ll be giving away more of my custom made bookmarks, coasters, and magnets. I’ll be stopping by each blog throughout the week so be sure to leave a comment to let me and the host know you’re there. Looking forward to chatting with you all!
I realized it’s been a while since I’ve given a general life update so here it goes:
- Recently I stopped posting as much book promotion stuff on Facebook promo pages or my personal Twitter account. I’ve tried to be more relaxed, be more myself and less of a saleswoman. I’ve tried to focus my energies on creating cool Facebook Ads and growing my following through Instagram because I’ve read a few articles that have talked about the wonders of these two. Still not sure I’ve gotten the hang of Facebook Ads. I’ve created three so far and, while they’ve generated some good traffic for my author page, they haven’t been doing much for book sales. Same goes for Instagram. I’ve been visiting the booklovers, bookworms, and amreading “pages” and making some new friends but I haven’t seen a huge leap in followers. Yet again, I’ve only been working at both of these for a little over two weeks so it’s probably too soon to tell. More on that later.
- After finishing the first draft of my first ever science fiction novel, I sent it off to two beta readers and asked for their honest opinions. I also asked each of them to look for specific things to give me feedback on. For example, for my dude friend, I asked him to tell me if there were any parts in the story that didn’t sound manly enough. My main character is a guy but I’m still working on perfecting my “man voice” so I needed him to tell me if my MC was starting to sound like a girl at any point in time. And since the character in the book is very similar to my friend, I wanted to know how close I came to pegging down his personality. Lastly, I asked him if any of the science fictiony parts were too unbelievable. I got his notes today, which was exciting and also nerve-wracking. Turned out, I worried for nothing because he liked the book. He also had some great insights to share! So I got to work on the second…third?…round of edits for The Andromeda’s Ghost. I’m still waiting on the notes from beta reader number two and then I’ll probably be doing a little more editing. Then I’ll read through the whole thing one more time and it should be ready for querying.
- While I’ve been waiting for my beta readers’ notes, I’ve been working on the sequel to this sci-fi book. This is only the second time in my young life that I’ve ever written a story with its sequels already in mind. (The Sentinel’s Trilogy was the first, of course. Sorry, my faerie friends. I will get back to you eventually! I promise!) So this is exciting for me! I’m doing research on the medical field since one of the new characters in the sequel is going to be a doctor. This character’s back story is going to be complicated; I’m mapping it all out before I introduce her to the main character. I’m also going to try modeling her after another friend of mine, just because I don’t want the same personality types to appear in my stories. I’m on the look out for fresh perspectives. I want to continue to challenge myself, to put myself in the mindset of someone who doesn’t think like me. It’s what I did for The Andromeda’s Ghost and it turned out to be a lot of fun. We’ll see how this goes!
- On a more personal note, I saw Infinity War with my husband and our friends last weekend….I’m still recovering.
Very much looking forward to the next Marvel Avengers movie. Hopefully there’ll be more answers. Until then, I mourn.
- Next weekend is my birthday. Woot woot! I’ve looked pretty much the same since I was fourteen years old but I’m only now feeling like I look my actual age. So I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ll be turning twenty-four. Praying I’ll stay on this plateau and not start looking any older until I’m sixty. Anywho, I’ll be in Wisconsin visiting my mother-in-law that weekend and attending my first ever writers conference! There won’t be a blog post for that Thursday or Friday, but I’ll include pictures and details of the conference two weeks from today.
- May 29th is my third wedding anniversary. Another woot woot for that one! Since the 29th falls on a Tuesday this year, my husband’s got something planned for the weekend before. That’ll be another Thursday/Friday with no blog post. After that, things are going to be calm and boring again so the schedule will return to normal.
As always, thanks for reading, guys! See you next time.